Thursday, August 27, 2009

Those Inglorious Basterds!



From a technical standpoint Inglorious Basterds is quite possibly Tarantinos masterpiece. Just the opening sequence alone solidifies this fact. Yes the man has studied the masters and injects his own unique charm into it. Basterds is Tarantino at his best. Wether or not i feel this is my favorite of his films, ive yet to determine. I acknowledge that Pulp Fiction is his masterpiece and is the film he will always be identified with. But Jackie Brown has been my personal favorite. And I dont think this is the hype talking because I wasnt sure what to expect from this other than being entertained. But Basterds may own it? A second veiwing will determine this for me.
Its damn near fucking flawless. No matter what little bits of random negative shit you hear from others, It tells its story perfectly. And Tarantinos ear for true movie scores only adds to the fun. I was having a blast picking out those cues of music from all types of shit. From poliziotteschi (Revolver) to spaghetti westerns (Death Rides A Horse) Tarantino knows that even if he had an original score for his films, they would in no way match the ultra coolness of the Euro Scores of the past! I read one reviewers comments on the Bowie song being out of place...fuck him.He should go hang himself and listen to his favorite Danny Ellfman score while he does it.
There is not one person in this that doesnt deliver.Christopher Waltz puts in a chilling performance. And of all people Mike Myers is fucking AWSOME! I almost wished there was more of him. Pitts Aldo Raine is like a cross between Sling Blades Carl and John Wayne. Truly halarious

No comments: